(Photos courtesy of Shutterstock)
Thinking about squeezing in a Labor Day weekend road trip? It's nice to end the summer with a relaxing vacation before the kids head back to school, however, Labor Day weekend is known for its horrendous highway traffic. But don't fret—we've got you covered! Here's a list of ways you can avoid the headache and hassle of Labor Day travel.
1. Choose a less popular area. Lots of people will be visiting the popular summer spots. But you can have just as much fun somewhere else, with less of a crowd. Make sure to book your hotel on Tingo, and if the price of your reservation goes down, you'll automatically be refunded the difference.
2. Prepare your vehicle. Before you leave for your trip, inspect your vehicle and take care of any necessary maintenance. Make sure you leave with a full tank of gas and a car emergency kit, just in case something happens along the way.
(Photos courtesy of Flickr members pfala, melulou, and 12thSonOfLama)
They say "home is where the heart is," but for those of us with an extra sense of wanderlust, home is not always where we end up. For those who hope to spend the holiday season in a far-off place, the Tingo team has put together a list of 10 of the best destinations in which to do so. We've even included two different hotel options available on Tingo for each destination: a steal and a splurge (hurry, though, because a lot of them are selling out quickly!). If you book a hotel that can be canceled and the price of your reservation drops after you book, Tingo will automatically refund you the difference. And if a better room becomes available for less than what you originally paid, we'll let you know right away so you can snag it! Without further ado...
Strasbourg has been holding its Christmas Market since 1570. At the market, you can find holiday items like fir trees, Christmas decorations, ornaments, and handmade crafts. After you've finished strolling from chalet to chalet, collecting holiday trinkets and snacking on pastries and mulled wine, you can also admire the giant Christmas tree or skate on the rink on Place du Château.
Steal: The Hilton Strasbourg doesn't have much of a European feel, but the price can't be beat. It's located just a five-minute walk from a tram station, where you have access to the entire city. Holiday rates on Tingo are currently starting at an average of $109 per night.
Splurge: Regent Petite France is located just a 15-minute walk from the Cathedral and features unbeatable views of the river. Holiday rates on Tingo are currently starting at an average of $288 per night.
(Photos courtesy of Flickr members Moyan Brenn, Shockingly Tasty, and Sheba_Also)
End your summer right with a Labor Day long weekend. Tingo is now offering hotels up to 57% off in top spots like Las Vegas and Orlando, as well as lesser traveled destinations like Portland, Myrtle Beach, and Vancouver, Washington.
(Photos courtesy of Upstairs at the Kimberly Hotel, Liaison Capitol Hill and Flickr member wickerfurniture)
Happy National Rum Day! In order to celebrate the holiday, we found a few hotel bars offering rum specials that pack a punch:
- Kimberly Hotel, NYC: Upstairs at The Kimberly Hotel is offering a discount on their signature rum drink called Rum Service. Tastes of honey and pear perfectly accentuate the rum, while the NYC skyline views from the bar are unbeatable.
- Revere Hotel, Boston: Go for a dip in the rooftop pool while you sip on Hibiscus Punch from Revere Hotel. This rum drink garnished with a beautiful hibiscus flower tastes so good, they serve pitchers of it!
(Photos courtesy of Flickr members Indoloony, Matthew Straubmuller and Paul Mayne)
Wow, these July 4th sales deserve fireworks! Tingo is now offering hotels up to 35% off in top spots like Las Vegas, Orlando, and NYC, so book your holiday getaway today! Don't forget: If you book a room that's eligible for a Price Drop refund and the price drops, Tingo will automatically refund you the difference!
(Photos courtesy of Flickr members cphoffman42, Andries3, and H.A.S. Photo Designs)
We know, we know...we're late! We were so busy taking travel photos that we forgot to wish everyone a happy National Camera Day! June 29 was the holiday, and to celebrate, we've put together a list of our favorite destinations to photograph:
- Sri Lanka—The island of Sri Lanka is packed with diversity and cultural heritage just waiting to be photographed. But be careful, taking photos of Buddhist imagery is considered disrespectful, and it is forbidden to be photographed with statues and murals. The beaches, landscapes, people and all-around scenery are stunning, though, so bring extra film!
(Photos courtesy of Flickr members uhuru1701, KcSoapsNmore, and USACE HQ)
Memorial Day weekend is the perfect time to get away and kick off the start to summer. Tingo is now offering deals for up to 60% off hotel rooms in popular locations including Orlando, Las Vegas, and Ocean City, so book right away! Don't forget: If you book a Money Back room and the price drops, Tingo will automatically refund you the difference!
Not every hotel stay is pleasant, but they all should be. Here are the top gifts this holiday season that can make every stay a better and safer one.
Travelon Universal 3-in-1 Adapter, Converter, and USB Charger, $70.00
Depending on what part of the world your hotel is in, charging your electronics can be tricky. You may need an adapter to change the plug shape, a converter to adjust the voltage, or both. The Travelon Universal 3-in-1 Adapter, Converter, and USB Charger does all of the above in more than 150 countries worldwide. Get it at Travelon.