(Photos courtesy of Upstairs at the Kimberly Hotel, Liaison Capitol Hill and Flickr member wickerfurniture)
Happy National Rum Day! In order to celebrate the holiday, we found a few hotel bars offering rum specials that pack a punch:
- Kimberly Hotel, NYC: Upstairs at The Kimberly Hotel is offering a discount on their signature rum drink called Rum Service. Tastes of honey and pear perfectly accentuate the rum, while the NYC skyline views from the bar are unbeatable.
- Revere Hotel, Boston: Go for a dip in the rooftop pool while you sip on Hibiscus Punch from Revere Hotel. This rum drink garnished with a beautiful hibiscus flower tastes so good, they serve pitchers of it!
Awhile back, we unveiled our picks for the hotels with the best rooftop bars—perfect for the rising temperatures that come with the spring and summer seasons. And now, our sister site Jetsetter has done the same. Check out the site's picks for the best hotel rooftop bars, which include a bunch of unique international finds.
(Photos courtesy of High Rooftop Lounge, blackbookmag.com, and michiganavemag.com)
As a follow-up to our "10 Cozy Hotel Bars for Winter," we've come up with a list of our spring/summer favorites. With temperatures rising, we're ready for a refreshing drink spiked with breathtaking panoramas. Check out these rooftop hotel bars serving drinks that could battle their views:
- SummerSalt, Hotel Palomar, San Diego, CA—This rooftop pool and lounge combines the best of both worlds: skillfully crafted cocktails and a chic place to cool off. The bar is buzzing day and night, offering refuge from the heat during the day and a vibrant nightclub once the sun sets.
- The Joule Poule, The Joule, Dallas, TX—The gem of this hotel is undoubtedly the roof Joule "Poule." The pool extends eight feet beyond the hotel's structure and is glass-fronted so the views are fabulous from any angle. After your dip, peruse the extensive menu full of creative cocktails. This outdoor oasis doubles as the perfect location for high-profile parties, fashion shows, and cocktail receptions.
(Photos courtesy of The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit and Hotel Monteleone New Orleans)
Is it cold enough for you? Plummeting temperatures are a distant memory inside these excellent hotel bars that offer the perfect escape from chilly scenes of winter.
- Bar Pleiades, The Surrey Hotel, New York City—One of the most charming bars in Manhattan happens to be tucked away inside one of the city's best boutique hotels. Skillfully made cocktails and solid snacks (you can tell that Daniel Boulud—one of New York's top chefs—is in charge here) complement the romantically lit space. It's the perfect place to warm up after a snowy walk in Central Park, just half a block away.
- Roast, The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit—Any winter gray is banished upon entering the lively, modern bar area at this locally adorned restaurant. Helmed by celeb chef Michael Symon, the bar faces the classic streetscape out on Washington Boulevard. A cool crowd of locals floods in toward the close of the workday for the very good cocktails and bar food. Head bartender Travis Fourmont recently won a national award for his innovative and delicious manhattan.