(Photos courtesy of Flickr members Vancity Allie, Almada Hotel, and FeeBeeDee)
Hotels will go to extreme measures to ensure their guests have a memorable experience. Aside from the expected amenities, hotels have gone above and beyond with the introduction of specialized butlers.
- Personal Mixologist, The Surrey Hotel, New York City, NY: Why go to the bar when the bar can come to you? The mixologist at The Surrey Hotel offers New York's finest "in-room imbibing." The mixologist will make your first round of drinks and bring additional ingredients for 4-5 other drinks. Don't feel like mixing yourself? Request the service again. Cheers!
- Tanning Butler, The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach, FL: Yes, you heard us correctly. The tanning butler at the Ritz-Carlton South Beach circles the beautiful pool looking for those in need of SPF. Equipped with Hampton Sun products, sunglasses cleaner, and an Evian spritzer, the butler will make sure you have everything you need for a day in the sun. And let's not stop there—the butler will happily apply your sunscreen for ensured even coverage.
- Fragrance Butler, The Carlyle, New York City, NY: All Rosewood Hotel properties now offer the services of a fragrance butler. Arriving to guests' suites with a menu in hand, the fragrance butler offers a list of fine fragrances, ranging from Chanel to Bulgari, from which guests can choose. This service isn't limited to female guests—there's a selection of designer colognes as well.
- Sleep Concierge, The Benjamin, New York City, NY: Finding a good night's sleep in the city that never sleeps might seem like a contradiction. At The Benjamin, a sleep concierge will help you find the right pillow from their 12-Choice Pillow Menu, schedule a sleep-inducing massage, or arrange a bedtime snack. PB&J on banana bread, anyone?
- Baby Butler, Keswick Hall, Keswick, VA: Butlers cater to guests of all ages at Keswick Hall. The baby butler ensures that parents and babies alike receive ample attention. He or she assists in everything from warming bottles to taking the baby off the parents' hands while they enjoy a peaceful bath or romantic meal.
If you're planning to enlist the services of one of these butlers, be sure to book your hotel on Tingo, because when the price drops, you'll get a refund automatically.
About the Author: To learn more about George Hobica, visit him on Google+.