(Photos courtesy of Six Sense Zighy Bay, Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth, Loews Coronado Bay, and OPUS Hotel Vancouver)
The Tingo team has been on the hunt for cool and unique amenities, and we're happy to announce we've found some pretty wild ones! Take a look at our list—some of our finds are so crazy, we never thought they'd exist!
- Bed-In for Peace Package, Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth, Montreal (from $810/night + taxes & gratuities)—Bring out your inner wild child by staying in the same suite where John Lennon and Yoko Ono had their "Bed-In for Peace." The package also includes breakfast in bed for two or buffet breakfast at Le Montrealais restaurant, as well as a Lennon CD featuring "Give Peace a Chance."
- Fairmont's Romantic Bath, Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park ($150)—Bath specialists provide a tailored bath package which includes a bottle of champagne, strawberries and chocolate, a loofah, bubble bath, candles, a Kama Sutra Weekender Kit, and a "Do Not Disturb" sign for the door.
- Su'Ruff Camp, Loews Coronado Bay, San Diego (price available June 2013)—Your puppy can learn to "hang ten" at Loews Coronado Bay's puppy surf camp. Dogs will especially enjoy the included surf 'n' turf room-service meal (salmon and beef tenderloin), and they can wear board shorts or a bandana during the lessons.
- Tall Rooms, EPIC Hotel, Miami (price based on Premier room guest selects)—Vertically gifted guests can reserve a room specially designed for people with extra height. The rooms have extra-long beds and raised showerheads in the bathrooms.
- Sushi-Making Class, Loews Miami Beach Hotel (free)—Loews Miami Beach Hotel's SushiSKool class focuses on making rolls, learning sushi etiquette, and using chopsticks. The class is currently on hiatus until spring 2013.
- Complimentary Use of Rolls-Royce, Beverly Wilshire, Beverly Hills (free)—Take the hotel's Rolls-Royce Phantom for a spin at your leisure! This complimentary service includes a chauffeur, but is only available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Nightly Bagpiper, The Inn at Spanish Bay, Pebble Beach, CA (free)—Watch and listen to the beautiful bagpipes on a nightly basis as a bagpiper closes the golf course in Scottish fashion.
- Unique Arrival, Six Senses Zighy Bay, Oman (complimentary, except for the paraglider, which is $180/person)—Pick your poison! Arrive to the hotel by your choice of vehicle: speedboat, Jeep, or paraglider.
- iPads, OPUS Hotel Vancouver (free)—Leave your laptops and iPads at home! OPUS Hotel provides its guests with iPads. They can even be brought off the property. How convenient!
About the Author: To learn more about George Hobica, visit him on Google+.