(Photos courtesy of Shutterstock)
It's still early in 2015, so there is plenty of time left to plan for your big vacation of the year. We've put together a few of our best money-saving tricks to help guide you toward finding the perfect price for your dream vacation.
1. Choose a hotel wisely. All travelers are different—adventurous travelers want to snowboard down slippery, snow-covered slopes just for the thrill of it, while beach bums would rather have their toes in the sand with an umbrella drink in hand. Choosing the right hotel is important. When making your decision, consider things like budget, interests, location, and convenience to local transportation to make sure that you're selecting a place that fits your needs.
2. Choose budget-friendly activities. Travel doesn't have to be expensive. Major cities around the world offer cheap or free must-see activities that are fun, interesting, and easy on the wallet! We're thinking of things like museums with free-admission days, historical sites, places with amazing scenic views, and outdoor activities like snorkeling or hiking.
3. Be flexible with dates and locations. You can find great deals if you're flexible with your travel dates and where you're headed. Our sister site Jetsetter offers great flash sales, so you can snag a room at a luxury hotel for a much better price. We also suggest signing up for fare alerts on Airfarewatchdog, another sister site of ours. Sign up for fare alerts from your home airport, and you'll get an email whenever amazingly cheap deals become available!
4. Avoid hotel fees. Some hotels charge fees for just about everything these days. When looking over your hotel bill at the end of the trip, you'll find things like resort fees, parking fees, newspaper fees, automatic gratuity—the list can go on and on. Here are our tips for avoiding hotel fees to keep your total bill to a minimum.
5. Travel during low seasons. When you visit a destination during it's low season, you'll find that costs are lower for pretty much everything. This includes hotel nightly rates, transportation costs, admissions to local attractions, and more. Cut costs where you can!
6. Shop hotel sales. Right now, Tingo is offering discounts on hotels in Punta Cana, Myrtle Beach, and Orlando. All three are great spots that are highly recommended by the Tingo team! Start there if you're looking for a warm destination.
7. Join a hotel loyalty program. Hotel loyalty programs offer things like free night stays, complimentary breakfast, and free parking. You can even score things like golf clubs and VIP event tickets during your stay! Check out the guide to hotel loyalty programs from our sister site Airfarewatchdog—it tells you everything you need to know about the loyalty programs of 10 major hospitality brands.
8. Book your hotel on Tingo. When the price drops, you'll get a refund automatically.
About the Author: To learn more about George Hobica, visit him on Google+.