(Photos courtesy of MGM Resorts International, Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino Las Vegas, and Sheraton Waikiki)
It's already August, and it seems like this summer has flown by! Before the fall season rolls around, we set out to visit some of the country's best hotel swimming pools. These gems aren't your average places to splash around—they are top-notch, and we can't wait to dive right in!
- Viceroy Miami, Miami: Take in the stunning skyline views while you float in Florida's longest infinity pool. Just past the hotel buildings, you can see the nearby bay. If the colder water isn't your thing, step over to one of the two oversized heated whirlpools—they are heavenly.
- Grand Wailea, Maui: Waterfalls, rapids, and caves—oh my! Grand Wailia's Wailea Canyon Activity Pool is one of the most exciting pools we've ever seen. It consists of nine pools on six different levels, all connected by a river to carry swimmers from one to the other. It has slides, rapids, a rope swing, a sand beach, waterfalls, caves, and the world's first water elevator! Adults can chill out in the mosaic-lined Hibiscus Pool, where no children are allowed and relaxation is encouraged.
- Golden Nugget, Las Vegas: Wouldn't you like to say you swam with sharks? You can do that at Golden Nugget's pool called "The Tank." A giant shark tank resides in the center of the pool, so you can swim next to sharks without fearing your safety. If you need more of a thrill, you can also slide down The Tank's waterslide, thirty feet in the air.
- Hard Rock, Orlando: Hard Rock's pool area has all the essentials: a sand beach, hot tubs, water fountains, and a waterslide. But what makes this a top-notch swimming pool is its underwater sound system. You can dunk, splash, and dive without missing a beat! We enjoy the weekly "dive-in" movie program, where you can wade in the pool while watching a movie under the stars.
- Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, Las Vegas: Mandalay Bay has an 11-acre sand-and-surf beach-like aquatic playground—an enormous paradise! The wave pool has waves up to six feet high, but the lazy river is the perfect place to float in peace.
- Sheraton Waikiki, Honolulu: Sheraton Waikiki hosts one of our all-time favorite infinity pools. It shows off views of Waikiki Beach and it's only one foot above sea level, so it looks like one body of water and feels like you're swimming in the ocean. Nothing else compares! We recommend trying the fresh fruit by the pool area—nothing beats local taste.
Remember to book your visit to one of these awesome swimming pools on Tingo.
About the Author: To learn more about George Hobica, visit him on Google+.